Since 1959, Glos Associates Inc. has been building a reputation of excellence in the field of Architectural Design and Engineering. From their first development of Oakwood Public School in 1959, to their recent dominance in the Senior Living sector, Glos Associates has solidified their status as a leading Architectural, Engineering and Design firm.
Glos Associates Inc. employs a combined workforce of over 20 high caliber professional and support staff, and is proud to offer the most comprehensive architectural service in the region. With Architects, Engineers and industry specialists all under one roof, collaboration comes naturally and co-ordination is built-in.
Randi Glos Architect merges to become part of the growing team of professionals at Glos Associates Inc.
Glos Associates Inc. was formed to reintegrate the two established practices and disciplines into one comprehensive practice, offering a whole-package solution with an integrated collaborative approach.
The two firms began the process of transferring ownership to the firm’s key employees – Tim Glos and Paul Driedger.
Legislation changed permitting Architects and Engineers to incorporate in order to limit their professional liabilities. To take advantage of this change the firm changed its corporate name to Glos Associates Limited. The Glos name continued to grow and built a reputation for reliable, innovative work.
A milestone of Glos’s growth and capacity was marked by a $300 million project with General Motors. The conversion and ten-fold expansion of manufacturing and assembly facilities required the full-time engagement of over 70 Architects, Engineers and support staff.
Glos Engineering Ltd. was established as a separate firm from Glos Architects and Engineers in an effort to service the growing list of engineering and industrial clients more effectively. Both firms shared facilities and staff and worked closely on numerous projects.
The firm became Glos Architects and Engineers when Carl M. Glos, a Civil Engineer and Martin Glos, a graduate in Mechanical Engineering, joined the firm.
Glos Associates Inc. dates back to 1959 when J.E. Trace, a well-known architect in Southwestern Ontario, and J.L. Glos, a recent graduate of the McGill University School of Architecture, formed the partnership of Trace and Glos Architects.