Architectural Project Manager
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing project delivery from preliminary design to construction contract administration. The Project Manager will work as part of a collaborative team on various projects through all phases of design. The development of project delivery includes; preparing drawings and Revit models, reviewing details, material selection, assist in developing specifications. The PM will with external and internal stakeholders and completing documentation packages. The PM focuses on detailed design and project leadership. The PM provides critical coordination and guidance to the architectural and engineering team to ensure adherence to applicable building codes, client design requests/standards, and accepted construction industry standard practices. The PM mentors the junior staff and offers guidance to the Revit Designers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and manage project delivery from preliminary design to and through construction.
- Design with, coordinate and manage a production staff of architects and engineers on construction documents/specifications preparation, detailing, construction administration and field observations on commercial, institutional and multi-story residential projects.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills desired. Looking for a team player that can multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Manage and develop client relations and communication.
- Mentor Architects/Engineers in Training and other junior staff.
- Help improve quality of process and construction documents.
- Assist with preparation of proposals.
- Review Shop Drawings
- Maintaining project records, while ensuring that documents are accurate, complete and appropriately filed.
- Attend client meetings to communicate requirements and provide project specific strategies for achieving compliance goals.
- Preparing cost estimates for project deliverables and project capital costs.
- Work within and with multi-discipline engineering and construction teams to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
- Perform detailed checking and field verifications of project construction documents and on site project conditions to verify accuracy and completeness of the design deliverables.
- Recommend and acquire resources for project management best practices
Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a College or University in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Planning, or a combination of educations and experience.
- Proficiency with Revit, Bluebeam, Photoshop, Illustrator and MSOffice.
- Must have 5+ years of REVIT experience used in an office environment.
- Ability to visualize and illustrate design in two or three dimensions.
- Working knowledge of Building Codes, Zoning and Accessibility.
- Focused on accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and a positive attitude with proven proficiency working collaboratively within a team setting.
- Able to effectively utilize time management skills, including organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and requests from multiple individuals.
- 5 – 10+ years of progressive experience in an architectural/engineering firm.
- Revit or Autodesk Certification (preferred).
- Experience in modeling of commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-storey residential building projects.
- Strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, and materials application.
- A mastery of a variety of software programs and the ability to communicate effectively is mandatory.
- Ability to be registered with related professional associations (OAAAS or OAA) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, design, and problem solving skills as well as appreciation and sensitivity to architectural design intent.
The firm strongly believes in collaborative team work among the various professionals required to design quality and creative built environments. We are a multi-disciplinary firm, so the applicant will be exposed to and work under all architectural and engineering disciplines, broadening his/her work experience. Compensation commensurate with experience, benefits package, and the opportunity for growth with our progressive team of professionals is just some of the reasons to consider this position. Please submit a letter of application which addresses the minimum qualifications mentioned above and professional goals. The names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references and letters of recommendation will be required of finalists.
We offer outstanding career development potential and remuneration commensurate with experience. Please email your resume and salary expectations in confidence to GlosTeam@glosassociates.com While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those being considered will be contacted.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- Dental Plans
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Plan
- RRSP with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
The firm is located in Windsor, ON. Windsor is a diverse community with a Census Metropolitan Area population of approximately 330,000 people (Statistics Canada. 2017. Focus on Geography Series, 2016 Census).
Windsor boasts a great quality of life, as an example having among the lowest commuting times in Canada (Source: Statistics Canada, National Household Survey, 2011), and a lower cost of living, being the least expensive place to buy a home (Source: Century 21 Canada Price per Square Foot Survey 2017).
Windsor is also 15 minutes from Detroit, MI, a city undergoing a major revival, with major league teams in most North American professional leagues and world-class arts and entertainment.
To apply for this job email your details to GlosTeam@glosassociates.com