Glos Associates Inc. is a Windsor based, fully integrated architectural and multi-discipline engineering consulting company offering a diverse range of architectural and engineering project services. Our business success is driven by our ability to develop strong relationships with our clients by understanding their needs and requirements. We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industrial, government, commercial, multi-level residential and institutional sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, building envelope and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers and architects work collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
At Glos Associates we offer a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s where you can apply your skills to some of the province’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It’s a business that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes Glos a great place to work and grow.
Electrical Engineer Position Summary:
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our growing Buildings Team. The Buildings Team is a vibrant and growing business line which delivers engineering, architectural and project management services, as well as planning and economic analysis for vertical construction projects.
The Glos Buildings business line is dedicated to excellence and integrated design solutions. Our expertise includes development planning, master planning, architecture, interiors and building engineering. Our team is leading the industry with visionary and forward-thinking projects such as the new state of the art St. Clair College Sportsplex in Windsor, Ontario, the new International Transit Terminal in downtown Windsor Ontario, and a $30 million age in place Retirement Village in Whitby, Ontario.
The responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing various types of reports including schematic design, design development, building assessment, and scope of work documents.
- Preparing detailed electrical drawings and electrical specifications in accordance with current locally enforced codes.
- Creation, preparation and production of cost-effective solutions. To detail thoroughly, lighting, power, fire alarm, and specialty low voltage systems rough-ins (i.e. communications, intrusion security, CCTV, door access controls, etc.).
- Experience with AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit MEP, and lighting design software is required.
- A mastery of computers and a variety of software programs is required.
- Provide technical and administrative support through all phases of the project.
- Conduct necessary research to gather industry, field, and project specific data.
- Effective project prioritization; ensure positive collaboration with other disciplines within the organization.
- Construction administration responsibilities during building construction.
- Working with other prime consultants, engineering consultants, and contractors; responding to technical queries.
- Experience in specification writing and lighting selection for project contract documents is required.
- Attending site meetings and complete site review reports.
- Fire alarm verifications.
- Shop drawing reviews.
- SI and CCN preparation.
- Contractor`s change quotation reviews.
- Contractor progress billing reviews.
- Develop and mentor junior staff.
- Electrical Engineering degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in the engineering consulting industry, preferably in building engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario in good standing.
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and work well with others both internally and externally.
- Proficient with the following computer programs which include, Revit MEP, AutoCAD 2017, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), lighting design software, and multiple client FTP and CA sites/programs.
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills and commitment to technical excellence and quality.
- Desire to work closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Analytical, resourceful and detailed oriented.
- Knowledge in the preparation and production of design and construction drawings, cost estimates, and site review reports.
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license.
Glos Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience and suitability. A letter of application must be supplied which addresses the minimum qualifications mentioned above and professional goals. Final candidates will be asked to provide references; the results of the reference check must be acceptable to Glos Associates Inc. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Glos does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Glos will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Glos explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Glos Associates Inc.
To apply for this job email your details to GlosTeam@glosassociates.com