Glos Associates Inc. is a full-service state-of-the-art, architectural and engineering design firm located in Windsor Ontario. With a rich 55+ year history, we are a firm that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Glos has collaborated with clients throughout southwestern Ontario, and is continuing to explore expansion into other markets. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work! We have the following position available:
Intermediate Engineer – Civil
We have an immediate opening for Intermediate to Senior Civil Engineer to join our team of 20 design professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to design, coordinate team efforts, and manage projects! The environment is conducive to growth, with exposure to all aspects of architectural and engineering projects in the civic and government sectors. The Civil Engineer will work as part of a collaborative team with various projects through all phases of design. The successful candidate will work alongside senior Architects/Engineers and Project Managers to learn and grow professionally, and advance to a new role when you are ready. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with projects in the public and private sector in a direct hire, full time position with salary, full benefits, and long-term growth potential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and manage site civil project delivery from preliminary design to and through construction.
- Confer with City Engineering Staff concerning preliminary project design preparation.
- Assist and/or contribute in the design and development of standalone civil/municipal engineering projects.
- Oversee specialist engineering tasks such as design drafting, estimating and operations control.
- Survey project sites to obtain and analyze topographical details of sites.
- Supervise over and/or contribute to, the preparation and review of contract drawings and specifications documents.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Provide feedback and advice collaboratively with all other disciplines involved regarding the technical aspects of company projects to management and other project leaders.
- Help improve quality of process and construction documents.
- Review Shop Drawings.
- Maintain project records, while ensuring that documents are accurate, complete and appropriately filed.
- Attend client meetings to communicate requirements and provide project specific strategies for achieving compliance goals.
- Inspect project sites in order to monitor progress and ensure compliance with all safety and government regulations.
- Assist with preparation of proposals.
- Mentor Engineers in Training and other junior staff.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Graduate of a 4-year University Program in Civil Engineering.
- The successful candidate must have 3 to 4 years of Canadian experience after obtaining professional status in the design and drawing production (to local regulations) of site plans and civil design plans (site plan development, site servicing and grading) for road/sewer projects, and building projects from preliminary design to site engineering to construction.
- Specialist in the area of storm water management modelling/calculations and site engineering is mandatory.
- Registered with related professional associations is preferred.
- A mastery of a variety of software programs such as Civil 3D, AutoCAD or Revit, would be considered essential.
- Strong collaboration and oral/written communication skills desired. Looking for a team player that can multi-task, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Manage and develop client relations and communication.
- A passion for site plan development would be a key asset.
- A positive attitude, self-motivated individual capable of increased responsibility within projects, and is interested in growing with our firm.
- Proficiency of a variety of other engineering software programs would be considered valuable.
We are a multi-disciplinary firm, so the applicant will be exposed to and work with many architectural and engineering disciplines, broadening his/her work experience. Compensation commensurate with experience, benefits package, and the opportunity for growth with our progressive team of professionals is just some of the reasons to consider this position.
Please submit a letter of application which addresses the minimum qualifications mentioned above and professional goals. The names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references and letters of recommendation will be required of finalists.
We offer outstanding career development potential. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those being considered will be contacted. The position is intended to be filled by March 15, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com