Glos Associates Inc. is a full-service state-of-the-art, architectural and engineering design firm located in Windsor Ontario. With a rich 55+ year history, we are a firm that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Glos has collaborated with clients throughout southwestern Ontario, and is continuing to explore expansion into other markets. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work! We have the following position available:
Intermediate Engineer – Structural
We have an immediate opening for Intermediate to Senior Structural Engineer to join our team of 20 design professionals and support staff. You will have the opportunity to design, coordinate team efforts, and manage projects! The environment is conducive to growth, with exposure to all aspects of architectural and engineering projects in the commercial, institutional (MASH), industrial and high-rise multi-unit residential sectors. The Structural Engineer is responsible for the development of structural design solutions, preparing drawings and models, reviewing details with external and internal stakeholders and completing documentation packages. This position focuses on detailed design and project leadership. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with projects in the public and private sector in a direct hire, full time position with salary, full benefits, and long-term growth potential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet with clients and engineering team members to discuss and determine project requirements.
- Visualize the project design configuration and goals, and then drive to achieve those goals through innovative and effective designs.
- Engineer and prepare design drawings and models of commercial, institutional, industrial and high rise residential structures.
- Engineer and prepare design drawings and models of industrial structures, including in plant material handling equipment, access platforms, fall protection systems, lifting devices, and rigging.
- Work with our engineering and internal CAD teams to optimize designs for maximum functionality and constructability across disciplines.
- Preparing cost estimates for engineering deliverables and project capital costs.
- Work within and with multi-discipline engineering and construction teams to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate the work with clients, internal project managers and contractors through to project completion.
- Perform detailed checking and field verifications of engineering deliverables to verify accuracy and completeness of the design deliverables.
- Recommend and acquire resources for project management best practices.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario with a good standing with the PEO.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete, steel and wood structures
- Detailed knowledge of OBC and NBC codes as well as CSA S16-01, A23.1-4, and ACI.
- In-depth expertise in structural modeling, analysis and sound experience working with Robot Analysis, Staad-Pro, SFrame or RAM software and the skill to interpret output and develop structural designs.
- High-level proficiency with AutoCAD and 3D modeling applications such as BIM (Revit) is required
- Demonstrated experience in the commercial, institutional (MASH), industrial and high-rise multi-unit residential sectors.
- Experienced with structural steel detailing including connections and weldments an asset.
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Self -directed with proven competence in time management.
- Client driven with the highest standards.
We are a multi-disciplinary firm, so the applicant will be exposed to and work with many architectural and engineering disciplines, broadening his/her work experience. Compensation commensurate with experience, benefits package, and the opportunity for growth with our progressive team of professionals is just some of the reasons to consider this position.
Please submit a letter of application which addresses the minimum qualifications mentioned above and professional goals. The names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references and letters of recommendation will be required of finalists.
We offer outstanding career development potential. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those being considered will be contacted. The position is intended to be filled by March 15, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org