Glos Associates Inc. is a Windsor based, fully integrated architectural and multi-discipline engineering consulting company offering a diverse range of architectural and engineering project services. Our business success is driven by our ability to develop strong relationships with our clients by understanding their needs and requirements. We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industrial, government, commercial, multi-level residential and institutional sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, building envelope and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers and architects work collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
At Glos Associates we offer a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s where you can apply your skills to some of the province’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It’s a business that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes Glos a great place to work and grow.
Intermediate Revit Specialist – Architectural Summary
We are seeking an Intermediate Revit Specialist – Architectural with a minimum five (5) years Canadian work experience to join our growing Buildings Team. The Buildings Team is a vibrant and growing business line which delivers engineering, architectural and project management services, as well as planning and economic analysis for vertical construction projects.
The Glos Buildings business line is dedicated to excellence and integrated design solutions. Our expertise includes development planning, master planning, architecture, interiors and building engineering. Our team is leading the industry with visionary and forward-thinking projects such as the new state of the art St. Clair College Sportsplex in Windsor, Ontario, the new International Transit Terminal in downtown Windsor Ontario, and a $30 million age in place Retirement Village in Whitby, Ontario.
The responsibilities of the Revit Specialist position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare preliminary designs as directed by the Senior Architect or designated Project Manager.
- Work as a member of a team in developing full detailed construction documents in Revit.
- Coordinate Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical designs with the Architectural drawings.
- Work with our architectural team in the design and development of designated projects.
- Graduate of an Architectural Degree program from a recognized University or a 3-year College Program in Architectural Technology.
- Experience and a high level of skill in current versions of Revit/BIM modeling software.
- Experience with commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-storey residential building projects.
- Strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, and materials application.
- Minimum of 5 years Canadian work experience and proficiency in the production of working drawings from preliminary design to construction administration.
- A mastery of a variety of software programs would be considered an asset, and the ability to communicate effectively is mandatory.
- The ability to create architectural renderings within various 3D rendering software programs would be a key asset.
- Ability to be registered with related professional associations (OAA) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, design, and problem solving skills as well as appreciation and sensitivity to architectural design intent.
- Positive attitude with proven proficiency working collaboratively within a team setting.
- Self-motivated individual capable of increased responsibility within projects, and is interested in growing with our firm.
Glos Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience and suitability. A letter of application must be supplied which addresses the minimum qualifications mentioned above and professional goals. Final candidates will be asked to provide references; the results of the reference check must be acceptable to Glos Associates Inc. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. The position is intended to be filled by May 31, 2017.
Notice to Third Party Agencies
Please note that Glos does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Glos will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Glos explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Glos Associates Inc.
To apply for this job email your details to GlosTeam@glosassociates.com