We are seeking a Structural Designer with CAD experience in steel fabrication and drawing for industrial facilities. Experience in AutoCAD is required, and experience with Autodesk Revit is highly favoured. A mastery of a variety of software programs would be considered valuable and the ability to communicate effectively is required. Ability to be registered with the related professional associations (PEO or OACETT) is preferred. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with our internal engineering team, developing appropriate design solutions, obtaining detailed measurements of existing structures within industrial facilities, preparing CAD drawings and models, reviewing details with internal stakeholders and completing documentation packages. Your technical knowledge of the commercial/institutional building and industrial sectors and your technical design expertise will round out your qualifications for this position.
Other responsibilities include:
- Must be professional, personable, and committed to producing high quality work.
- Meeting with engineering team members to discuss and determine project requirements.
- Work within multi-discipline engineering team to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
- Visualize the project design configuration and goals, and then drive to achieve those goals through innovative and effective designs.
- Prepare design drawings and models of industrial structures, including in plant material handling equipment, access platforms, fall protection systems, lifting devices, and rigging.
- Develop, refine, and maintain multiple CAD standards and implement them across a multi-discipline group or project team.
- Assist in preparing cost estimates for engineering deliverables and project capital costs.
- Assist in coordinating the work with clients and contractors through to project completion.
- Performing detailed checking and field verifications of engineering deliverables to verify accuracy and completeness of the design deliverables.
Our ideal candidate:
- A technical diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering Design and Drafting technology from a recognized technical college is required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the preparation, design, and drafting of engineering drawings using appropriate standards for structures including structural steel projects.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Well experienced and knowledgeable with recent AutoCAD and Revit in 2D and 3D design environments to produce detailed deliverables for structural steel structures.
- Knowledge of CAD standards and quality assurance systems to deliver a high quality product.
- A mastery of MS Office and excellent general computer skills.
- Knowledge of fabrication and constructability issues.
- Experienced with structural steel detailing including connections and weldments.
- Comfortable working in an operating industrial facility environment with appropriate PPE.
- Experience in Autodesk Robot structural design software is a definite asset.
Glos Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience and suitability. A letter of application must be supplied which addresses the minimum qualifications mentioned above and professional goals. Final candidates will be asked to provide references; the results of the reference check must be acceptable to Glos Associates Inc. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Glos Associates Inc.
To apply for this job email your details to GlosTeam@glosassociates.com