Top Technical Assistants are intelligent and talented, which is why they are at their best when faced with unique problems that require particular solutions. We believe they are the foundation of businesses, enabling each team member to get the job done. Responsible for organizing schedules, communicating on behalf of executives, gathering initial details on technical issues, and more, they serve as a critical support role.
If you are ready to join a growing firm that will challenge your abilities and give you the latitude to assist creatively, this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
We are Glos Associates Inc., a full service, state of the art architectural and design firm, proudly serving Ontario for over 55 years. We specialize in custom projects: innovation, creativity, and precision are the hallmarks of our success. We offer a full range of services, from design to construction/oversight, so you’ll need to be somewhat familiar with the entire engineering process, have a passion for the role, and be invested in helping to see our projects come to life.
We are seeking a talented Technical Coordinator Assistant with expertise in the specific skills (listed below), and someone who can assist in making organizational contributions to our already talented design team at Glos Associates Inc. This position is a part-time position and will report solely to the President and Engineering Manager.
The successful applicant will be exposed to and work with engineers and architects. Glos Associates Inc. offers an excellent opportunity for growth within our progressive team of professionals. We offer outstanding career development potential and remuneration commensurate with experience.
Beyond your technical ability, clear communication and collaboration skills will be necessary. Visits to construction sites will require discussions with clients, architects and other professionals.
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those being considered will be contacted. We would like to see this position filled by February 28, 2019.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of college and/or work experience in the construction industry or consulting engineering or related field
- At least 3 years experience as an administrative assistant/clerical
- Experience with an architectural/engineering firm or experience in the construction industry
Provide technical and administrative support to the President and Engineering Manager by:
- Preparing correspondence
- Directing incoming emails and documentation within the office
- Project electronic filing
- Technical Report writing and letter writing
- Extremely well-organized, strong interpersonal skills, leader, detail oriented, outstanding multi-tasking ability, anticipates needs, resourceful, and ability in strategic planning/managing of all technical/administrative tasks.
- Demonstrate good judgment and initiative,
- Team-player with a professional attitude which easily fosters relationships with staff, consultants and clients.
- Must be able to communicate concisely & effectively both in written and spoken form.
- Understanding of construction and engineering standards and terminology
- Adept in Technology, therefore has extensive computer software experience and knowledge, well into the speciality functions of OneNote, Bluebeam, Word, Excel, & Outlook. Experience with Sharefile, Corel/Photoshop, Sketchup, Revit and/or AutoCAD will be shown great favour.
- Proficient ability to set up Skype and/or GoToMtg conference calls.
- Ability to read, interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure architecture and engineering consulting environment.
- Willingness to take on tasks ranging from the most difficult to the most simple/onerous with great enthusiasm.
Working At Glos Associates:
This is a part-time position Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with ½ hour lunch (25-30 hours per week) with some flexibility. There maybe some occasional travel involved in this role, usually within southern Ontario.
We’re offering a competitive starting wage which is inline with this region of Ontario which will be commensurate with your experience. Once settled in you’ll also receive benefits, paid vacation, a group RRSP program, and performance-based profit sharing.
We want each and every one of our employees to feel valued. That’s why we often hold lunches, BBQs and special outings from time to time. Glos has the feel of a family business, but the professionalism and drive of a big firm. We know that success is always a group effort, and you’ll feel that team spirit from day one.
How to Apply
Provide a cover letter which outlines how you meet the specific skills of this employment opportunity and a description of your professional goals. Also provide a resume which reflects the minimum qualifications mentioned above. Three references and letters of recommendation will be required of the finalists.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com