At Glos Associates, Inc., we believe that Technical Assistants are the foundation of businesses, enabling each team member to get the job done. Being responsible for organizing schedules, communicating on behalf of executives, gathering initial details on varied issues, and more, they serve as a critical support role.
If you are ready to join a growing firm that will challenge your abilities and give you the latitude to assist creatively, this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
We are Glos Associates Inc., a full service, state of the art architectural and design firm, proudly serving Ontario for over 55 years. We specialize in custom projects: innovation, creativity, and precision are the hallmarks of our success. We offer a full range of services, from design to construction/oversight. You should have a passion for the role, and be invested in helping to see our projects come to life.
We are seeking a talented Coordination Assistant who will report solely to the President and Engineering Manager. This is a new position which is designed to help temper the extensive workload of the President and Engineering Manager by assisting and coordinating with client requirements. This will give the right individual an opportunity to make organizational contributions to our talented team here at Glos Associates Inc.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have been exposed in some capacity to an engineering and/or architectural environment. Glos Associates Inc. offers an excellent opportunity for training and growth within our progressive team of professionals. We offer outstanding career development potential and remuneration commensurate with experience.
Clear communication, outgoingness and collaboration skills, as well as exemplary competence with reference to the English language, will be essential since discussions and correspondence with clients, architects and other professionals will be commonplace.
Please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those being considered will be contacted. We are anxious to see this position filled.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of college and/or work experience in a related field
- At least 3 years experience as an administrative assistant/clerical
- Experience with an architectural/engineering firm or experience in the construction industry would be an advantage
Provide technical and administrative support to the President and Engineering Manager by:
- Preparing correspondence
- Directing incoming emails and documentation within the office
- Project electronic filing
- Report writing and letter writing
- Extremely well organized, strong interpersonal skills, leader, detail oriented, outstanding multi-tasking ability, anticipates needs, resourceful
- Demonstrate good judgment and initiative,
- Team-player with a professional attitude which easily fosters relationships with staff, consultants and clients.
- Must be able to communicate concisely & effectively both in written and spoken form.
- Extensive computer software experience and knowledge would be beneficial including: OneNote, Bluebeam, Word, Excel, & Outlook. Experience with Sharefile, Corel/Photoshop, Sketchup, Revit and/or AutoCAD would be advantageous.
- Willing to learn how to read/interpret architectural and engineering drawings
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment.
- Enthusiastic willingness to take on tasks
Working At Glos Associates:
This position will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with ½ hour lunch (25-30 hours per week) with flexibility. There may be occasional travel involved in this role, usually within southern Ontario.
We’re offering a competitive starting wage which is inline with this region of Ontario which will be commensurate with your experience.
We want each and every one of our employees to feel valued and often hold lunches, BBQs, in-house competitions and fantastic outings. Glos has the feel of a family business, but the professionalism and drive of a big firm. We know that success is always a group effort, and you’ll feel that team spirit from day one.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter describing how your skills interface with the qualifications listed above, and feel free to describe your professional goals. Additionally, please provide a resume which outlines your employment history, education and any other related experience which may reflect the above-mentioned qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.
References and letters of recommendation will be required of the finalists.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org